My tangle pattern "Unruly" & more Weekly Challenge #2

While trying out Laura Harms, "Weekly Challenge #2", which was to try out Margaret Bremner's "2-pencil string technique",  I came up with a tangle that reminds me of a measuring tape.  Only you'd get strange results if you ever tried measuring with it, lol! 

You don't have to use the 2-pencil (or pen, in my case) technique, but it will give you a more even ribbon-like appearance.

While drawing up the example for this, I also tried the technique to draw "Slalom".  It definitely takes up some room.  If you try, be sure you don't put the circles too close!


Comments

  1. This one is stunning! Your style is really one of a kind.
    Please – how long does it take you to tangle such a wonderful ZT?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!

    I'm never quite sure exactly how much time I actually spend but it's usually around 2-3 hours. The more colors I add, the longer, because I layer them. Almost like redoing each section I color over. Even in B&W it's a fairly pointilistic style. It's fast though because I my hand is light, and I lay the lines down quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank your, Molossus for replying so quickly.
    That´s the time I thought it would take you to draw.
    Even in B&W it's a fairly pointilistic style. It's fast though because I my hand is light, and I lay the lines down quickly. That´s what makes your style so unique! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what i like here the most is "unruly's" shading and naturaly tangling...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment