A possible book illustration

I am working on a book, and right now I'm playing with ideas for the page layout. This or something very similar may be the sample art to illustrate how to build many elegant patterns off of a very simple pattern.
I've been wanting to try out Lumiere paints ever since I saw some of the zentangles that Betsi O'hara did with them. The metallic quality does cause some scanning problems though, so I'm not sure they'll be the best for this kind of work. I need to do some more research.

I have a litte 2-inch acrylic square that I placed on the page, and then painted around using 3 colors of Lumiere acrylic paint (which is actually a fabric paint). Then I tangle in the squares, and then added some yellow tombow brush pen to warm things up.

Comments

  1. Oh wow, a new use for my die-cut quilt block templates! Going to have to give this a try! You are really getting some awesome effects with this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandy,
    I actually use the Twinkling H2O jars which are a Luminarte product. They scan well and I really love them. The "Seven Little Fishies" was not done with the H2O though. They are pretty intense in color and I wanted something a little softer, so I used colored pencil and Gelly Roll Silver and Gold pens.
    Betsi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool concept... For the metallic paints, you might try taking a photo rather than scanning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all!

    Betsi, I must have mis-remembered what you posted, lol! Oh well, now we all know about the Lumiere acryilics.

    Genevieve, great idea. That's one of the reasons I posted this. I figured I'd get lots of good advice from everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, even if the metallics don't show up as much as you'd like.
    Barbara
    P.S. Thank you so much for all your comments. You always make me feel so good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I love this illustration!!!
    Can´t wait to achieve it as soon as it will be published…

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all. I hope to get a draft chapter done this week, which I'll share with you all. Not sure if I'll post it here or elsewhere though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment