Color pencil Drawing of My brother's Dog, Ma

I almost didn't post this.  I don't like it.

It's an example of why I don't care to do representational art these days.  My brother's dog died last year, and I've been trying off and on since then to do a drawing of her.  His family like a Gaughin sort of style, so I was attempting to come up with something very faithful to the dog, that captured the flavor of a Gaughin.

I don't like what I came up with, but I think they will, so I'm going to stop at this one.  Sometimes you just have to stop with what you've got, lol!

It was done with Lyra Rembrandt colored pencils on Strathmore colored art paper (a medium green color). 

Comments

  1. You may not like it, but I do and I know they'll appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This artwork is simply charming! It reminds me of the peaceful moments when I've used an device to maintain a quiet and serene environment. Just like the calming effect of this beautiful artwork, stop dog barking device can create a tranquil atmosphere for both pet owners and their neighbors.
    These devices are invaluable for training dogs and preventing excessive barking, ensuring harmony in our communities. It's wonderful to see creativity like this artwork reflecting the importance of peaceful coexistence with our furry friends. Keep up the great work, and let's all strive for a harmonious and peaceful environment, both in art and in our neighborhoods.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment