Dollar Tree for your Mixed Media

I've been playing around with an Art Journal for a while now, just trying various things.  I pamphlet stitched some thin card stock and then gessoed it to within an inch of it's life.  I was going to wait until I was done to share, but yesterday I went to Dollar Tree and picked up a couple of things that I think were pretty snazzy, and thought some of you might like to see if you can find some.

The first, if you look at the picture on the right, is that muddy stuff.  It doesn't show to well in the photo, but it's from a little leather repair kit, and has a pebbly texture.  You get a piece of loosely woven fabric, a little jar of compound, and a 'grain sheet' that you press into the wet compound.  It looks pretty cool.

The second thing I found, if you'll look toward the mid-bottom of the picture on the right, you see a transparent face peering out from under the zentangle.  It's from a Window Cling Decal set of dollars and cents.  The cling sticks without any help, but it's meant to be reusable, so I glued it on with PVA glue.

There ya have it.  Some cheapo stuff for cool effects!

Comments

  1. Never thought of hitting the Dollar stores...thanks! Pics look great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment