Backgrounds in a Creative Journal

Yesterday I posted a finished drawing that I did in my Dyan Reaveley's Creative Journal.  I soon found though that 'wet' mediums had a tendency to soak through at the seam.  After my accidental elephant picked up a streak of washed out color, I decided to do all the backgrounds in the book before finishing anything else.


I decided to share these with you a couple at a time.

Most of these backgrounds take about 10-15 minutes to do.  In some cases I go back 2 or 3 times to lift off a bit more color or add some more--so these may or may not be the completed background.

What's nice about doing the art this way, is that I can break away from less pleasant work for just a few minutes, throw, spray, dab, pound and muck about with paints and sprays and then go back to what I was doing.  It makes me think a little bit of hand-painting back in my early school days.  It's very freeing and relaxing.

What will I do with these backgrounds?  No idea.



Comments

  1. I really love the second background. The bright colors and the bits of texture are really nice.

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment