Creating Art at the Speed of Life' - Day 9 #PamCarriker #ArtAtTheSpeedOfLife #ArtJournaling

Lesson 9 was to use a pointillist technique to color in a portrait and background.  I don't think you can tell it very well from the photo, and my writing and dark lines take away from the effect.

But I enjoyed this lesson quite a bit.  I've always loved pointillism.

I think this is the last time I will put down my writing as my primary dislike, even if it is.  At this point, I think I'm just reinforcing my dislike rather than training myself out of it.  My writing (as in font characters, not storytelling) isn't what I want it to be.  My feeling is that you can't improve your work until you accept it for what it is, rather than what you want.  Once you accept, you can work with your own style, instead of fighting to make it something else.  For me, that means just doing so much of it, that I forget what I was picturing in my head.

Okay, I get all thoughtful and opinionated here, so skip the rest of my blather, if you aren't into that kind of thing:

My philosophy is that you can't create perfection.  You can't find perfection.  You can't even define perfection.  The harder you look for it, the farther away it is.  Look for the truth, and work for the truth, and perfection will find you.  Chances are you won't even notice when it does--you'll be too busy happily doing your thing.



Comments