Review of the Paperblanks Shiraz Accordion Box #Paperblanks #AccordionBox #LifeImitatesDoodles

Did you know that Paperblanks has more than journals, sketchbooks and planners?  They also do a line of accordion file boxes.  Boy Howdy! Do they ever!

Let me introduce you to the Shiraz Accordion Box.


These things are works of art!



So I'll mention the downside right off--they run close to $40, which is a lot for a file folder.  However, besides being beautiful, you do get sturdy. 


 The construction is exquisite and it's solid throughout.  The dividers are heavy, but flexible. It looks as though they are cardboard or some kind of paperboard, while the folder box itself is a more rigid, heavier version of the same board.  Don't let the word 'cardboard' throw you, though.  This is a heavy-duty item meant to last a life-time.  It is built to be used, though not abused.


The illustrations are raised giving them a slight texture, pleasant to the fingers.


Even the sides are decorated.



The size is 13" x 9.5".  It has the standard twelve built-in dividers and label tabs are included.  I do think these could be a little nicer.  I suppose decoration might interfere with readability, but this is an item where beauty supersedes function.


The dividers are even, with cutouts so you can see the label for the divider behind it.  I would have  preferred raised tabs, but that's a personal preference.  


I also think there could be more room for expansion, though these are called 'boxes' not file folders.  My monthly bills would easily fit into the sections, but if I decide to store artwork, things might get tight. 

Still, I find these minor points.  I'd buy these for the beauty.  They have enough function that I could find ways to use them with little effort, and that would be enough.

There are four styles-Shiraz, Black Morrocan, Safavid, and Hand-tooled.  You can see them all at the Paperblanks website, along with their other beautiful products.

It's a luxury item, for sure.  But it would a perfect gift for the person who has everything, or a guilty pleasure for someone who likes elegance, even in their office or filing area.  

Disclaimer: I did receive this product from Paperblanks, but they did not ask me to review it.  I wrote this review because I wanted to share it with my readers. All opinions are my own.






Comments