Watercolor Wednesday with Schut-04#Exaclair #Schut #Watercolor #Zentangle

Each Wednesday for 22 weeks, I'll be sharing artwork that was done on paper from a Schut Papier sampler.  I'll be giving you a little information about each of the papers.

Schut Artist Drawing Paper 225 G/M2 /152 lbs 

Acid free, pH-neutral, light grain, for pen, pencil, charcoal, crayon, pastel.

One of the things I like to do with most papers, even if they are not watercolor--especially if they are not watercolor, is to try a very wet medium on them.  Like watercolor.  The way the paper handles tells me quite a bit about the overall quality.

So even though this is a drawing paper, I decided to try watercolor on one half. It handled very well, with only the slightest of dimpling, no curling or buckling and no pilling even working with wet into wet (wet paint added to water or other wet paint already on the paper).  It didn't take scrubbing too well, but that's to be expected.

For the second piece, I used a Pigma Micron and did my Zentangle-Inspired Art thing.  The pen fairly glide across the page, with clean, crisp lines and the ink dried almost immediately.



Comments