Idealized Painting One #watercolor #ZoltanSzabo #IdealizedPainting

While reading Zoltan Szabo's 70 Favorite Watercolor Techniques, I came across instructions for idealized design.  I did one for my Watercolor Wednesday with Schut and liked the technique and decided to play around with it more.

Then I didn't for months and months (very like me), for no good reason other than I didn't, lol.

The other day, I decided I was ready to play with it, and without looking back at the book, I just played around with what I remembered.  No reference photo or anything -- I just made it up as I go.

I'm not overly impressed with the result, but what I did find is the questions I wanted to resolve.  Sometimes, you just have to sit down and try something.  See where you are unsure, what works and what doesn't.  Only then do you really know where to start.

I reread Szabo's how-to, and have painted a few more attempts, which I'll share with you next week.

Done using Quiller Watercolors on TwinRocker paper


Comments

  1. Hey Sandra! New to your blog, found it through one of the TanglePatterns.com How To's! Then I saw Watercolor mentioned somewhere and here I am! I have enjoyed my visit here and subscribed by email to receive your future inspirational posts. Also to remind me to come back and peek around previous posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, and thank you for subscribing by email! I hope I continue to inspire.

      Delete

Post a Comment