Journal52 Prompt 48--Grid-inspired #MixedMedia #Zentangle #ArtJournal

My response to the Journal52 Prompt, Grid-inspired, is a mixed media that started life as a pencil-drawing of leaves; done as a teaching exercise.


I erased most of the pencil drawing, just leaving a light impression.  Then I added water-soluble Distress Markers, laying down Spiced Marmalade, Rusty Hinge, and Walnut
Stain more or less at random, but leaving the light center uncolored..  A water-brush was used to blend it all.  Once the paper was dry, I did the tangle patterns with Ohto Graphic Liners, size .03, .01, and .005.

Golden's Titanium white acrylic paint worked for the highlights.  Some of the highlights, I dabbed immediately so they just barely lightened.  Once dry, I touched the water brush to the Spiced Marmalade Distress Marker, picking up just enough color to tint the smudged highlights.

This mixed media was done in a Stillman & Birn Delta sketchbook.

Comments