Moonlight Stallion #Gellyrolls #Pentalic #SakuraOfAmerica

I decided to try some pointilism with my Gellyroll pens.  I think they work very well for this technique.

I rested often while working since the dot...dot...dot technique is a strain on the wrist.  I started around 01:00 in the afternoon and finished around 07:00.  If you took out the resting times, it was probably about 3 hours work.

The title 'Moonlight Stallion' is a bit of a play on words, since not only does the drawing look like a horse bathed in moonlight, I also use Moonlight Gellyroll pens.  Most of of it was drawn with a Classic White Gellyroll, though. Done in a Pentalic Traveler Black Paper, 8 x 6.


Comments

  1. Wow! Not sure I would have the patience to do this. Looks great. Like it on black.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It didn't take too much longer than a non-pointilistic work. I used large dots!

      Delete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous, Sandra! You did a fantastic job... I love how you captured the horse's eye... full of life! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! awesome! Inspiring too....and Gellyrolls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really like Gellyrolls, especially the Moonlight and Metallic ones. There is just something about watching the bead of color as you draw a line.

      Delete
  4. Wow, Sandra! I love the depth and shape you've achieved with this horse. I can almost feel the breath coming out of his nostrils. This is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was very pleased with how this one came out.

      Delete

Post a Comment