Brown Study #Watercolor #ValueStudy # Prima

Just to shake things up a bit, I decided to do this value study using the White, Black and Brown (instead of gray) pigments from my Prima Confections 'Classics' pan set.  I rather like the effect.

Of course, I lost the white from the paper which would have given me a real glow.  I rather tend to do that.  I'll give myself the excuse that I'm painting small (8"x8") and wanted to avoid the use of masking fluid, but that excuse only goes so far.

Still, that's why I'm doing these value studies isn't it?  If I were already doing things perfectly, I wouldn't need the study, and wouldn't have nearly the fun.  Viva la imperfección!  Or something like that, lol.


I found my reference photo at the Morguefile archive.

Comments

  1. This is stunning. I have enjoyed your limited palette works, and it's made me think of using a bit of restraint in my next quilt ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! More and more, I find myself drawn to the limited palette.

      Delete

Post a Comment