Nicobar Pigeon #WorldWatercolorGroup #Mijello #52WeeksOfWatercolorBirds

For Week 30 of '52 Weeks of Watercolor Birds', I chose the beautiful Nicobar Pigeon.  I'm a bit disappointed with it, though.

This was the first painting that I did using my Mijello Mission Gold Pure Pigment Watercolor Set, using freshly squeezed paint from the tube, and I found a bit harder to spread than expected.  It was also the first painting I did after a hiatus of a couple of months, and it is always difficult to get my brain and hand working in co-ordination.

I did like how easily I could obtain the darkest values, and the brilliance of the colors.



I used a Silver Black Velvet Round size 6 and size 16.

This bird was done in the Global Art Materials Field Watercolor Artist Journal Hand Book, 7 by 10-Inch that I'm using for the '52 Weeks of Watercolour Birds'.

My reference photo came from the Morguefile archive.


Comments