Red-Bellied Woodpecker - Week 33 of '52 Weeks of Watercolor Birds' #WorldWatercolorGroup #Mijello #52WeeksOfWatercolorBirds

By the time I got to this fellow, I was feeling pretty good about the Mijello paints.  I definitely prefer to use them after they've dried rather than fresh from the tube.

Something got on this paper before I started painting, so I kept it as loose and simple as I could, knowing the paint wouldn't take well in some places.  That's one of the drawbacks of painting in a journal.  You end up getting splashes from other work, and if you forget and set it down without closing it first, you pick up oils and dirt, especially if you do everything at the same table the way I do.


I used the Mijello Mission Gold Pure Pigment Watercolor Set. and Silver Black Velvet Brushes Round size 6 and size 16.

This bird was done in the Global Art Materials Field Watercolor Artist Journal Hand Book, 7 by 10-Inch that I'm using for the '52 Weeks of Watercolour Birds'.

My reference photo came from the Morguefile archive.

Comments