Agate Wall Distressed #DistressInk #Stillman&Birn #ZentangleInspiredArt

A few days ago, Facebook sent me a reminder of a drawing I'd posted a few years ago.  It was done using Distress Ink Pads and markers.

Seeing it reminded of the cool effects you can get with those products, so I promptly set down and did a similar page in my Stillman & Birn Delta sketchbook.



I started with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads - Wild Honey, Tea Dye, Spiced Marmalade, Broken China and Shabby Shutters and some foam blenders that I have.  I dragged the ink pad directly on the page, and then used the foam blenders to smooth out some of the color, while leaving other areas with some of the paper color showing through.



Afterwards, I drew and colored my patterns with Distress markers in the same colors, adding Aged Mahogany and Weathered Wood.    I think Aged Mahogany and Spiced Marmalade together make a cool tortoise-shell look, and the Weathered Wood is great for subtle shading.

I finished with a metallic Gold Gellyroll pen to color the jewelry settings, and used a white Sharpie Acrylic paint pen to add highlights.

Comments